Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thrill ride continues

Like the motto they have seemed to adopt for 2011-12, I am "All In" with these Giants.

After a nightmare start with one injury after another to key players, they're the healthiest they've been all season.

The offense, after a hiccup against the Redskins and Jets (pre-Cruz 99 yard TD), is back to its explosive self, and now with finally a threat to run the ball well.

The defense is playing as well as it has all season, after Perry Fewell simplified things towards the end of the season after the secondardy had been leaving gaping holes all year. I'd ask, "Where have these adjustments been the first 14 games?" but that would just be nit-picking at this point. All that matters is the present.

I've been critical of Gilbride and Quinn, and super critical of Fewell, but that's in the past, and I'm 100% behind them for this game, and believe they'll each be prepared with a good scheme for their units. And above all, I believe Coughlin will have them ready, down to every detail, to play a competitive game against a Packers team with an almost unstoppable offense...but a defense that can be scored upon.

Will it be enough? We'll see. A playoff run can end suddenly, so I'm going to enjoy it for however long it lasts. But I'm about as confident as I can possibly be in a 9-7 team going on the road to face a 15-1 team as 9 point underdogs.

This team believes, and they have me believing too.

No comments: