Monday, January 23, 2012

Battle Tested

After being taken to the brink by a remarkably tough opponent, on the road, in terrible weather conditions, the Giants are Super Bowl bound.

It wasn't pretty, and I credit the 49ers for that, especially their defense. And it took some really heads-up special teams plays by Jacquain Williams and Devin Thomas, off of gaffes by 49ers' punt return man Kyle Williams. But championship teams find a way to win, and this team did exactly that, while minimizing their own mistakes.

I can still hardly believe it, but I've got plenty of time to come to grips with it now - as much as I wish this game could be played tomorrow, the Super Bowl is 13 days away. For now, I'll just say I like the Giants' chances. They open as 3 1/2 point underdogs, but I was more afraid of the 49ers than I am of the Patriots.

The Giants have faced so many challenges this year, and I believe those challenges have toughened them up to become what they have become, over the past 5 games.

What a season it's been...but there is still one more game to win.

No comments: