Monday, April 5, 2010

McNabb trade

You so rarely see a star player traded in-division, but the Eagles had to be okay with trading Donovan McNabb to Washington simply because the Redskins overpaid. I think the price of a 2nd round pick this year - which alone would have been enough, arguably more than enough - along with a 3rd or 4th next year, will prove to be too much. Especially for a Redskins team that isn't quite "one player away," and is getting a 33 year-old, high-mileage player.

And I'll close this post with a hilarious comment from the guys at Kissing Suzy Kolber..."Together with Willie Parker, the Skins are now officially a contender to reach the 2004 Super Bowl."

3 comments:

mkenny59 said...

Even though I don't think this move makes the Redskins an immediate playoff threat, they undeniably got better. And the Eagles are getting younger. I'd be lying if I said, as a Giants fan, I'm not concerned. An already tough division is better. But, are the Giants?

Unknown said...

I have to agree. I think that the 'skins definitely are going to be better off with McNabb. Is he the last piece for them? Of course not. But I still think he has a couple years left. Not necessarily a bad move on either part... but it does seen foolish to let him go in-division to me.

Anonymous said...

1. Philly fans are idiots to have ridden McNabb his whole career. He took them to what...4, 5 NFC championships?

2. The Redskins are a playmaking WR away from being a threat. If they don't have to give up a #1 and can somehow land Brandon Marshall watch out.

3. All the Giants have going for them is Mario Cashmere Manningham.

Huizenga