Wednesday, April 7, 2010

McNabb to Redskins, revisited

Thanks to some interesting comments by loyal readers and more time to contemplate the trade, I feel like I have enough to say to merit revisiting the McNabb trade topic.

Age-related joking aside, I do think this move makes the Redskins immediately better. A .500 record this year isn't too much to expect, and if they can get 2 or 3 healthy seasons out of him, they could make a deep playoff run in that 2nd or 3rd year.


From the Giants fan perspective, this trade worries me too. The Redskins won't be two "gimmie" wins as they had been in recent years. Yet the Eagles don't seem that much worse, and could continue to have the Giants' number. (In my nightmares I still see DeSean Jackson catching bombs 10 yards beyond any Giants' defender.) Meanwhile, the Giants' big move so far has been signing Antrel Rolle...though they already had plenty of guys in the secondary who can't cover or tackle. (Boom, roasted, Antrel.)

No comments: