Friday, October 17, 2008

What's in a name?

It has occurred to me after looking at many of the comments on my blog posts, that it often appears I have an alter-ego that I use to make fun of myself. I have a friend named Bill, and when he posts, it shows up as "bill." This becomes even more confusing when I post a comment of my own, after my friend Bill has posted a comment. It shows up the same way for me also: "bill." I have looked for a way to change my display name when I post comments on my own blog, and I can't find it. I can't even capitalize the letter B and make it look like my grammar is superior to Bill's, and therefore appear to be a superior human being.

So, to clarify, I don't have a split personality that I use to point out the sillyness of my posts and rip on my other personality.

...Or do I?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure my superior wit and observational skills were enough to let your other 3 readers know we aren't the same person. Not to mention my apathy toward baseball in general and hate toward the Yankees in particular.

Unknown said...

Also, I do like to think of my role here as being similar to the nagging self-doubt anyone has after saying or writing something. The voice that always asks, "should I have put that out into the universe?"

"Did I say that, or just think it?"
"Can they hear me?"