Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Let the fun resume

Isaiah Thomas was hired as the new head basketball coach at Florida International University yesterday. Like all of Isaiah's post-playing career endeavors, I am sure this will be very entertaining, and that he will find new and creative ways to sink this organization. I can't wait to see it all unfold. Will he get FIU in trouble in some way? Will there be a sexual harrassment lawsuit? Will he try to trade some of the players on the FIU roster for Stephon Marbury and Steve Francis?

And I hope that this time, we don't let the opportunity to make a reality show out of Isaiah at work, pass us by. Why hasn't any TV executive thought of this yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isiah's an exciting failure if there ever was one...and he's off to a great start at FIU.

I saw on PTI today the Provost of the school in introducing Thomas referred to him as "Isiah Thompson"...yeah..nice job.

- Joe

mkenny59 said...

I heard that too. Reminiscent of when mayor Mike Bloomberg introduced Joe Torre as "Joe Torres." Regardless, I hope to use the name Isiah Thompson as an alias in some future endeavor.