Thursday, June 26, 2008

Carl Pavano stinks...am I right folks?

I had this fear just hit me (it just comes in waves sometimes, you know), and I wanted to share it. Carl Pavano is in the last year of his contract with the Yankees, and obviously - though you can really never say never* - the Yanks will not re-sign him for 2009. He hasn't pitched for over a year, and may not pitch again in a Yankee uniform. So, with this "out of sight, out of mind" danger, my fear is that Carl Pavano will be able to slowly fade from our memory without getting one last wave of mockery and anger. Please, don't let this happen. Do yourself a favor and appreciate how much Carl Pavano is a bust...before it's too late.

*If the Yankees make the playoffs, which I believe they will, and Carl Pavano comes back in time for the playoffs, and pitches like 36 consecutive scoreless playoff innings helping the Yankees to win the World Series, I will take back everything I said. Better yet, I would probably just erase this post and deny I ever typed it.

1 comment:

mkenny59 said...

I imagine that Carl Pavano's next injury will occur when he gets back on the mound, starts pitching terribly again -- standard -- and Hank Steinbrenner attempts to correct him by force.