Monday, November 9, 2009

The "Zorn Face," and On Temporarily Bad vs. Perpetually Bad

Great article by Czabe today about the "Zorn Face," and the troubles of his hometown Redskins. It almost - and I stress "almost" - makes me feel better about the demise of the Giants this season.

While it's true that, as Bill Parcells used to say, you are what your record says you are, I believe there are different levels of bad in the NFL. Both the Giants and the Redskins have lost 4 games in a row and are spiraling downward. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Giants' season is lost. But the Giants are a solid, sound organization and they have what it takes to be back in the mix soon, even if 2009 is a wash.

The Redskins on the other hand, have so many issues that it will take several years to rebuild, and that will only be possible with a change in the way things are done in management. (You then have a 4 or 5 team grouping below the Redskins, that are in such disarray it might take a decade or more to clean up, but they are not the focus of this post.)

No comments: