Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Goode Job by Mike Judge

King of the Hill's 13 year run on Fox ended last week. But as one door closes, another opens, as Mike Judge's new project, The Goode Family, premiered last week, and was awesome. If you haven't seen it, the show centers around a family of politically correct environmentalists, and right from the beginning, it's one laugh after another. Really clever, creative, and different from the norm, and some great character voices. Basically everything we've come to expect from Mike Judge. It's hard to say someone has been underappreciated, as it's impossible for me get a large enough sample size of appreciation from the public to judge (pun intended) whether or not it's enough...but I think the guy is great and have loved just about everything he's ever done. Beavis and Butthead, Office Space, King of the Hill, Idiocracy, and now, so far, The Goode Family.

Far be it for me to tell you whom to appreciate. But while Seth MacFarlane gets the "rocketship to the moon" (which, officially, is a "push to the moon" times five), let's hear it for Mike Judge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Second this. While I haven't seen some of the shows you mention I think Office Space, Beavis and Butthead, and King of the Hill were all exceptionally funny.

I am not a Family Guy fan at all. I HATE the asides on every stinking episode. I've never gotten into the show.

Excellent post as always, sir.

- Joe H. -