Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Welcome In!

Hi, I'm Bill, and welcome to my new blog. Some of you already know me. In fact, I will assume that all of you already know me. Who would want to read a blog that did not exist before now, of a person they didn't know? Certainly not me.

So why do I have a blog anyway? Well, for one thing it beats posting pictures of Yassir Arafat on my friends' myspace pages. Granted, not by much.

I do not quite yet know what kinds of stuff I'll be putting on here on a regular basis. But make no mistake, every blog needs a theme. A blog without a theme, is like a wrestler without a personality. Without a kind of gimmick, I'll quickly become boring, and be relegated to the position of jobber for the entirety of my blogging career - just putting other bloggers "over," with no glory for myself. Who would want that? Again, certainly not me. So I need a "bread and butter." I can't just go into this half-assed. No sir, I will be using my whole ass.

I could be like my friend Mike, who writes a weekly column for the Peoria Times and Glendale Star, and makes fun of old sports cards (and who encouraged me to start this blog - so blame him, folks). I could be like the guys at FireJoeMorgan.com, and critique/shred sports articles using logic and statistics. Or, I could be like nationally syndicated sports talk show host Steve Czaban, and simply give my perspective on current events in sports. One thing I'm sure about, is that this blog will mostly be about sports. I might not know enough about sports to blog about them consistently...but I definitely don't know enough about non-sports. So sports it will be. Sports...and fantasy sports.

For instance, did you know Caron Butler and Gerald Wallace are both set to return this week? This is huge for my team, because the playoffs take place over a two-week period in late March. After that, I couldn't care less about the NBA. Until the next fantasy draft.

Other things you should know about me, is that I love Curtis Martin and Mariano Rivera as much as it is humanly possibly for one heterosexual man to love others he has never met...and Madden 2008 is the greatest game ever. Even better than Donkey Kong. Oh, and I play a little touch football with my friends on weekends, which is most often the highlight of my week.

That should just about do it as far as introductions go. Next time, I promise to have something of more substance.

4 comments:

mkenny59 said...

Congrats on the blog, Bill! It's already bookmarked.

Also, your friend Mike sounds pretty cool. Ha, ha! That was a joke, because I am Mike, and I would never refer to myself as cool under any circumstances, except to fool others into believing someone ELSE thinks I am cool, which I am not. Wow, am I still talking? I'll stop now.

Shawn Paradise said...

Mike is cool

G-man said...

This is as cool as a 50lb bag of rice (cooler than Bill and "the other" Mike together) It will probably not last as long either!

Drew said...

You sound like the offspring of Bill Simmons and Rick Reilly.